Valentines Day Cupcakes for your Sweetheart!

Sweet cupcakes for the sweet!

Make a box of chocolate cupcakes for your sweetheart. Our heart-shaped box is filled with mini chocolate cupcakes decorated to look like Valentine’s Day chocolates. The "chocolate truffles" are made using marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate frosting and iced with a drizzle of chocolate. The remaining confections are as easy as frosting a mini cupcake with chocolate frosting and decorating them with candy hearts, red candy corn, or any red or pink candy that happens to be your sweetheart's favorite. Enjoy and be sure to send us a photo of your valentine cupcakes.

Have a very Happy Valentines Day

Karen and Alan

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 1
  • February 15, 2009 Buy Cigars Online wrote:
    Unfortunately, I can't make a good cupcake. I just run to the store and bought one. hahaha.
    1. March 19, 2009 hellocupcakeblog wrote:
      When we get desperate for a cupcake and don't have time to bake we do the same thing!

Happy cupcaking

• February 21, 2009 Laura Bray wrote:
    Here's my box of chocolates: http://katydiddys.blogspot.com/2009/02/box-of-chocolates.html
  • September 4, 2009 CupcakinItUp wrote:
    I loved this one so much I featured it today on my blog! Check it out: http://www.cupcakinitup.blogspot.com/
  • October 22, 2009 Online Dater wrote:
    It looks so yummy! How I wish I know how to bake cupcakes. I really love its design, so sweet! Better gift for your someone special..
  • January 12, 2010 Paula wrote:
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy the empty valentine boxes (other than full with chocolate)? I am having a hard time finding them and wouldn't know which size to order anyway. Any help would be appreciated!
    1. February 3, 2010 hellocupcakeblog wrote:
      We save ours from year to year, and that is why the basement is so stuffed! We have seen them on line and you will need one that is about 10 to 12 inches top to bottom. We even saw them at Michael's last year, don't know if they'll have them again. But easiest is to go to the dollar store and buy a very inexpensive box of chocolates, and then use the chocolates in your cupcake designs. You can add the truffles and candies right to the top of your cupcakes, add drizzles and more candies to finish them, and then put them back in the heart box for a very special valentine.

Have fun,
      Alan and Karen

• January 15, 2010 Emily wrote:
    Do you have the recipe for the shiny chocolate cupcakes? I'm a beginner and would LOVE to make this for my husband this year! Thanks
    1. February 3, 2010 hellocupcakeblog wrote:
      The complete recipe is in our book Hello, Cupcake! I think you would love it because it is perfect for beginners. You can get a copy from AMAZON very inexpensively and it has all the tips and advice you need for making great cupcakes. The short version of the recipe is that you dip the top of the cupcakes in melted chocolate frosting. The chocolate candies are made by either drizzling white frosting on the cupcakes or by dipping marshmallows in the melted chocolate frosting. It is really very easy and a lot of fun. Happy Valentine's Day.

• February 4, 2010 Imani wrote:
    I'm going to make these for my boyfriend on valentine's day, and I'm SO excited about it!! Since my boyfriend is a grade lower than me, I have to ask him to prom. In the top of the heart where the little dent is, i'm going to put the letters "P R O M ?" in icing on the top five cupcakes.
    1. February 7, 2010 hellocupcakeblog wrote:
      What a great idea. It's like having a message inside the message. Let us know if he says yes. We bet he does. Who could refuse a cupcake?

• April 23, 2010 keii wrote:
    so sweet..
  • May 25, 2010 seo services wrote:
    One of my favourite treats at Starbucks is their Red Velvet Cupcake, which unfortunately seems to be a seasonal item that is brought in for Valentine's Day.
    1. June 27, 2010 hellocupcakeblog wrote:
      I feel your pain. Just have to make your own! You should try the recipe for doctoring cake mix in What's New, Cupcake? but use a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate cake and add food coloring to make it nice and red. You might even add a little more chocolate or cocoa to the mix to up the choco experience. Let us know how it works.

Happy cupcaking,